Saturday, December 31, 2011

Ode To 2011

Dear 2011,
 I want you to know that while I had some fun times, I really hated you. I lost so many best friends of mine. Not to death. Worse. To life. I was always blamed to be a bad person, bad friend. But I always thought I was being pretty decent. I made mistakes, no doubt about that, but true friends stick around. You can take in people when they're too drunk to drive, or when they get kicked out of where they're staying , but that's not enough. When you need them, they run. Tis life, I guess, 2011. The bad definitely outweighed the good this time. I did however, turn 21 on January 30th, started school at The Art Institute of Pittsburgh - Online in April to get a Bachelors in Photography, then on November 6th Mark & I celebrated our two year anniversary. On December 19th, in the midst of turmoil with our friends, we got engaged. :). But I lost Michelle, John, Mike, Shae, Drake, & Tanya as friends. But looking at it now, I see I'm so much better off. If friends aren't willing to be there when you need them, what's the point? Good time friends need to find some where else to go. However, onwards. I am having a really hard time financially. I owe doctor bills, school bills, need to buy new equipment... It seems like I can never get ahead. 2011, I flipping hate you. But 2012 is a new year. It's time to grow up, continue learning, & move on with life. It's time I stand up for myself, for what I believe is right, and go from there. My dSLR is messed up, so I plan on putting my business on hold for a while. I have to focus on school & making my life better with my wonderful fiancee. He has been the best thing about this year. When everything is going wrong, he is the one thing that's right. I am so blessed to have him in my life & I am thankful every day that I have such an amazing man who takes care of me in sickness & in health, even while I'm poor. =). I can't wait to eventually graduate from school & start planning our wedding. I love you SO much Mark Anthony Nikola! (: . Anyway 2011, I just wanted to tell you that while you weren't the best, you were definitely a learning experience. It's time to cut ties with all the bad things in my life, & go forward with the good things I do have. Thanks for the memories 2011, even though they weren't so great. I'm ready for 2012 more than ever. Good bye, adieu, adios, & farewell.

Sincerely,
Janna








1 comment:

  1. I know your going through a tough time. 2011 wasn't the greatest time for me either. I'm here for you always. I'm just a call, text, or message away. We are both very strong women with 2 very amazing men by our sides to help us through all the hard times also! Luv you, sis! You got this!

    ReplyDelete